View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
In all fairness, it wasn't my explanation. I bought two unlighted Kindle covers and had two incidents with freeze-ups after storing the K3 in the cover overnight. Since then, I've simply held the power switch for 5 seconds to blank the screen before putting the K3 in the cover. It takes the same 1-2 seconds to bring up the last page (just like the default screensaver restart), and I've had no problems with freezes or resets since doing that. In time, the hooks should wear away the paint enough to eliminate the problem entirely if you don't want to scrape it away. I've spent a LOT of time looking into this problem, and the reasons given above seem to fit each and every posted account of problems.

I think people were way too hasty in sending their nice leather covers back to Amazon, who, to their credit, have accepted them without question or complaint. They get a big vote of confidence from me for the way they've handled what could have been a real disaster for them and their image.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote