View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:10 PM   #29
Rechard
Rechard began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem here is th V3 is trying ot go for the geek market. And with other devices such as Sony, Cybook, iRex, that market is not as big as it might be. Now the V3 is not for regular folk. So that makes the available market rather small. Small enough to tank.
I don’t think you’re very clear about the market of eBook device. According to my knowledge, Jinke Hanlin is the largest developer and manufacturer of eBook device in the world, their annual sales volume is larger than the total amount of other companies in this industry. The other band eBook devices are all originating from Jinke company, e.g Panasonic Sigema Book. Cybook is the reference design of PVI, even PVI also purchase terminal software from Jinke. Sony only sell eBook device in USA, and the price of iRex ebook is too high to be accepted by the consumers. I know that Jinke has a developing and design team with over 150 persons, which master the advanced technology. I think Jinke is the leader of ePaper device. If you carefully watch the existing ebook devices, you will find that Sony’s device refer to the design of the number keys of Hanlin M2 produced in 2002, and iRex ‘s device also refer to the design of page turning knob of Hanlin S6 produced in 2002. Hanlin eBook is adding the Mobipoket DRM, and there are several new models are in the process of development. I believe that Hanlin is a good choice.
Rechard is offline   Reply With Quote