View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdevil View Post
Still I am not that sure whether "most average folks will want to read the latest bestseller or recent paperback (with DRM added on their e-readers)" is true of reality. Maybe it is only only the geeky readers in this forum. But I for one is not one of this group. I won't deal with DRM and just head straight to the bookstore to get a paper copy.
Most average folks won't even care about the DRm as long as they can plug and play. Plug the reader intot he computer, purchase the book, send the book to the reader and read. That's what they care about. It's us geeks here that care. And it's the geeks that might not care about the latest books on their readers. As an example, if I gave my mother a reader that could not read the books she likes then it would be useless or I would have to do all the conversions for her. So you see, a lot of people will want it to work seamlessly. DRM won't be be an issue to them unless they find out they cannot use their device to read books they want.

So what I am saying, is the V3 is going to tank.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote