View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
What would you suggest for HTML->epub?

Hey all,

I wanted to get some suggestions on converting HTML to epub.

Before you say "Just use calibre", I've given that a shot and don't entirely like the results. I find that calibre tries to be intelligent about taking all kinds of messy source and converting that to something fairly readable. It therefore ends up reformatting things I had specified in my source.

I prefer to keep as much of my own HTML+CSS as possible.

What I want the tool to do is take my HTML, break it up into sections (by chapter and by length), create the table of contents, and possibly create a title page using a picture I specify, then create the manifest and do the zipping. Basically all the boring stuff other than markup.

What's the best choice? I did have some success with Sigil a while back, but it had some stability and feature completeness issues at that time. I've looked at it again recently, and it seems to have grown in complexity but the basics of editing the source code and previewing the results don't seem to have become any faster or more convenient.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote