View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I'm having trouble with a few of my books and no idea why. They are non DRMd Mobi. I can open both books, and page through the first few pages, but neither will get to the first chapter. Each just throws me back to the Contents on my reader to choose another book. The files aren't that bit (622 kb and 876 kb). Both open fine on my computer and I can page through them/see everything.
That issue often has to do with a character in the text that the reader cannot display with the character set it is using. In FB2 files the behavior for non displayable characters was to completely skip the rest of the paragraph after the non displayable character. Since FB2 is so easy to edit in a text editor, I just went to the where the non displayable character was and changed the character to one in the ASCII character set and everything was fine. I routinely do that now with a global search and replace for all my FB2 books. Because it is so easy to work with, FB2 is now one of my favorite book formats for novels.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote