View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Using very oldschool html is never going to be without issues.

I've never seen Calibre use un-self-closing <br> tags, however it makes me think that your text is not in paragraphs/divs?

If that is the case, it may be a better idea to encapsulate them first - after all these pagebreaks sound like you are using them to create paragraphs in the first place.

No, they're all in proper paragraphs with proper classes and style sheets. I just get lazy sometimes and use <br> to add an extra line or 2 here and there, or to break things like quoted passages, eg

Code:
<p class="indentedquote">This is some quoted passage,
<br>This is the next line in the quote,
<br>and yet another line,
<br>and the final line in the quote.</p>
Another example is where the dedication starts exactly at the top of the page because it was formatted with the same style class as normal text and not with it's own specific class with a large top margin; and I want it to start a few lines down. I could figure out what class it is, edit that class, or create a new one. Or I can just add <br><br><br><br> in front of it and be done with it.

It's very fast and easy to format misc things like this, although, yes, I know it's taking shortcuts from the perfect world.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote