View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
An important "instant-On" feature in the 15.2 firmware

This is double post from this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...176#post975176
but I think it is really nice feature. One of THE best I have found so far.

If you set the
Main Menu
--- Configuration
--- --- Appearance
--- --- --- Boot logo to "current page"
and
Main Menu
--- Configuration
--- --- At startup, open "Last open book"

You get the "fake instant on" feature.
  1. Before switching the PocketBook 301, 302, 360 off, you turn the page.
  2. You swich it off (at this moment PocketBook secretly takes a screenshot of the last read page and only then really switches off).
  3. When you switch the reader on, the screenshot is immediately displayed, so you can read the page when you left off.
  4. By the time you finish the page the book is loaded in background and (again secretly) replaces the "fale page" (screenshot), so you can continue.
  5. Unless, that is, you use really big font size and read very, very quickly.

Dear Guys in Kiev. Did I tell you that you KICK ASS?

Thank you Schnitzelbrain for great tip!
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote