View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Thanks mate, so I have to use the same feeble techniques in an editor written in 2014, that I have been using in various incarnations of Microsoft Word and similar products for the last 35 years. Computers might have got faster, and user interfaces full of more glitz and bling, but the underlying deficiencies persist.

Its sort of like --- oh, well if MS does it like that it must be the right way do it. Back in the old days it used to be said that no one ever got fired for buying IBM...

I have a vague memory of a word processor that displayed special chars as mnemonics - might have been Multimate or Wang. It wasn't Xerox Star because I had the same gripe about it when I did some work for them in 1979. MS developed WSIWYG Word after they filched Simonyi from Xerox in '81!

Let's blame Xerox for Everything.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote