View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
On the kdp support forums they told me that the Kindle touch has changed so that Go to shows the first entries in the toc.ncx. I put the toc in the ncx and my Touch still didn't show it on the file Previewer produced. But I went ahead and submitted it to kdp and when I loaded the preview .mobi file produced there in my Touch, the toc was there. So, if that is the case, that it shows the ncx entries, then none of my previous books will show the toc. But then nobody else's will either.
Jimmy:

I don't know which person replied to you on the KDP forums, but I'd have to know which before I'd know whether the info you received is valid. The one thing that's not clear to me, from your thread, is which Table of Contents is linked via your Guide? Did you try to link the ncx as your Guide TOC, or are you using an HTML TOC?

BTW, yes, an ncx will work on Kindle For PC, but it's about the only place it will. No early e-ink Kindle will display an ncx, and neither will most of the later models, even the first-gen Fire. Do you have an html toc that you linked via the Guide?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote