View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #16
Schrollini
Schrollini began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
Schrollini, I'm anxious to try your program, but--with no previous experience using Python--I am having trouble installing it on my Windows 7 64 bit machine.
I'm not a Windows user myself, so my suggestions will be a bit hit-or-miss. But the one Windows system I did test on was a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so I have some hope we can get it working for you.

Quote:
When I try to run the prsannots-0.1.1 installer program, I get this error message: "Could not create prsannots-py2.7" and then "Could not set key value Python 2.7 prsannots-0.1.1", etc.
Two things might be in play here:
  1. You need to install Python before running the PRSAnnots installer.
  2. You should run the PRSAnnots installer as Administrator. When I tried it as a normal user, I got several registry errors, which might be the ones you give above. PRSAnnots still worked, but the uninstaller didn't.

Quote:
I get the same error message after installing Python using the Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.7.3) and the regular Windows 2.73 installer.
I don't understand what you mean here. Did you get these errors while installing Python? Or did you install Python, and then get these errors while installing PRSAnnots? If it's the former, you're going to have to take it up with the Python installer people. If it's the latter, please see point 2, above. Try deleting all the installed files of PRSAnnots and reinstalling as Administrator.

Quote:
After attempted installation the prsam files show up in the Scripts directory, but I get error messages within Python each time I try to run them.
I'm afraid you're going to have to post the error messages before I have a chance of figuring them out.
Schrollini is offline   Reply With Quote