View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 05:29 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotb0y View Post
Does this post really amount to much other than an advertisement for nownow? How many mobileread members have used this service before?
Just an unsolicited suggestion for such things as the above...

To the right of the "Karma" button on each person's post is a little exclamation mark ("!"). If you press this, you can "Report a post", adding some info as to why you are reporting it. I have reported two items, one that I was pretty certain was spam (a brand new member with a single post) that was confirmed by the moderators, and the other one just a "Heads up" to the moderators on someone that, from research elsewhere, I suspected was using the forum to drum-up business elsewhere (note, I haven't seen them post since, so please don't needlessly suspect any current folk).

Both times I have done this, one of our very pleasant moderators has very quickly and nicely responded to me that they had looked at it (which is more than enough for me).

So, I humbly suggest folk use that "Report post" button ("!") if they believe something inappropriate may be occurring. It will avoid the needless possiblity of causing insult or hurt to what is potentially, as here, an innocent party. maggotb0y, I realise you posed the above as questions, so please don't think I believe that insult was your intent. As I said, this is just a suggestion, and one that may better serve the answers you were seeking (If it doesn't answer your question, you could always ask nownow ).

(I'd say "IMHO", but, hell, I'm not humble; I'm right dammit! )

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote