View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
As far as I know, Baen is doing just fine, making money on ebooks and pbooks alike. I seriously doubt they would continue to release new hardcovers and ebooks simultaneously and with low ebook prices if they thought it was destroying hardcover sales. They're smart people, and they know how to make money.

Someone commented that they ought to have more Tor backlist books. I don't think they have any Tor books anymore. I don't know exactly what happened there, but I think it might have been Tor's decision to use DRM, which Baen doesn't.

The Free Library, I believe, is very much an "as time permits" effort, so it's no surprise that it's not updated frequently. And I imagine at this point, they probably only add books when authors volunteer them.

Last edited by starrigger; 11-29-2010 at 11:54 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote