View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
adding hyperlinks -no you won't get that
annotations: what sort of ?

Scribblings are the only ones you can currently merge with your PDF on an M92. There is no chance you could navigate between them
They are stored as layers. As far as I remember you can see how the layers are grouped in Adobe Acrobat. One thing you can do is this: before you start reading a book you can add a couple of layers at the beginning of each chapter/paragraph (it depends on how much time you have ) and after that hope that the scribblings will be added between your mark layers. See your added layers as bookmarks but this time in the Lyaers panel of a PDF as opposite to the Bookmark pannel. This might be a workaround for your problem...

I would like to have that feature too but I do realize that it is almost impossible as the scribblings are added as an overlay not as new contet. The only hope is that Onyx will make the highlighting proccess better that it is on most PDF viewers (I doubt that they will do it though(. By that I mean that they will write the code for higlighting to not only highlight the text (and store it as a comment-this is standard for most PDF readers) but aslo the highlighted text will be added automatically as bookmark ...and that just below the last bookmark for that section of the document. All in all a challenge and I have never seen that done. The most advanced PDF editing programs do not do that

Highlights stored separatedly as explained
Comments -never played with them and I am not sure how they are stored... However I find difficult to add comments with the current ONyx interface. Maybe when we can connect a keyboard to M92 we will be able to add comments more conveniently ..

that is all I know
PF

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 03-02-2012 at 01:26 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote