Old 01-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #10
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
Cool beans! Man, this lil' proggy worked great for the scanlations I was able to find and take it for a test-drive with!

I ended up using this program to stitch all the pages together and then ran the resultant PDF through yet another awesome prog, PDFRasterfarian. [..]

IMO, the result of both progs were exceptional, though PDFR made the book easier to read due to sharpening and removing of residual ghosting from the original scan. Don't get me wrong, JECC works great as is; I was just testing and wanted a smaller size file (the dimensions for both were the same, so I don't think any resizing needed to be done since JECC already does that) and thoroughly enjoyed the results.
Thank you, I'm happy that you've found my software usefull anyway

JEC is born as a crossplatform solution for create optimized pdf from images, I do plan more features, like some option filtering of source images, but this will take time .
I could add easy cool filters using a lib called JAI, but this would mean that i should add a jar of about 2MB to the package! And I don't like the idea of making it so much bigger for just a couple of filters even if JAI should be faster that java2d.

Bye
Kirys

P.S.
Maybe this post should be moved to a more generic forum due to that fact that now JEC is for both Iliad and Sony reader
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote