View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
We have some of those Scooby Doo books and I'm sure we got them from the Scholastic flyers. My kids and I don't care for them -- half the time the kids didn't know what the pictures were supposed to represent and they found it more frustrating to have to remember that between readings than to learn the names and words. We have a couple of other books that do that too, although I can't recall what those characters are offhand.

When we shop for books, if I open it up and it has those pictures for words, the kids will put it back because they don't like them. Your mileage may vary.

The kids love Scooby Doo so we have other early reader books that have been read frequently. Any Early Reader book with recognizable characters is fun for them.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote