View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I don't understand people categorically avoiding these books just because she recommends them. Some of these books were written long before Oprah got to them. I remember two Canadian authors (Anne-Marie McDonald and Rohinton Mistry) who were quite popular already here in Canada for years before Oprah found them. To say 'I avoid Toni Morrison because Oprah recommended her' is silly---Toni Morrison is a Nobel prize winner and was famous long before Oprah got to her, just as Anne-Marie McDonald was read in university literature classes in Canada for a good couple years before Oprah read her book.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote