View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #11
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
BTW, Python-challenged ebook designers could simply compile an epub with KindlePreviewer/KindleGen and have a look at the detected Unicode ranges in the log file. For example, if you compile the book mentioned in roger64's post you'll see the following output:

Code:
Info(prcgen):I1045: Computing UNICODE ranges used in the book
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: Basic Latin [20..7E]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: General Punctuation - Windows 1252 [2018..201A]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: Latin-1 Supplement [A0..FF]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: General Punctuation - other than Windows 1252 [2015..2017]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: Latin Extended-A [100..17F]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: Basic Greek [370..3FF]
Info(prcgen):I1046: Found UNICODE range: Greek Extended [1F00..1FFF]
Windows users could then use the MS Font Properties Extension to check the Unicode coverage of their fonts.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote