View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #69
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Unless the buyer is into hacking, this Nook won't be good for much, even reading. A backlit LCD will wash out in daylight and give you a headache in low light. I looked at the current generation of Nooks and thought they were a stupid design with a super sluggish LCD that cannot sync up correctly with the eInk screen.
So tired of hearing this complete nonsense. I have read on lcd devices for a decade and they do not give you headaches or eyestrain. I can only assume you use them in a completely dark room with the brightness cranked all the way up. Even then I doubt I would get a headache from it.

The current nook is a great reader and every bit the equal of the kindle. My touch screen is hardly super sluggish and it syncs fine with my eink screen. I wouldn't trade the touch screen and easy page turn swipes for that clunky keyboard any day.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote