Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #50
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbra View Post
Great finding ! thanks.
I put the tolino software on my glo and root it. Two things annoy me : I can't switch off the light (I can adjust luminosity, though) and the green led always blink.
Did somebody have clues to resolve this issues ?
I wrote a little program to control the light some time ago. Someone would just need to write a little wrapper Android app to turn the light off from our Kobo Shine. The green LED can be turned off with some commands found in the default /etc/init.d/rcS script of the Kobo firmware. I'm sure there's some Android startup script where you could put those commands.

I see several people requesting an image of my Kobo Shine SD card. I don't mind uploading it, but the SD card I'm using is 16GB so I'm not sure if you could use that image on a smaller SD card. The actual Android installation only takes up about 4GB, I think. Let me know if you'd still like me to upload my image.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote