View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
The idea of ebook readers is to make books more portable. But here comes a device that looks quite a bit thicker than any reader to date. This does not look like something I could comfortable lug around with me where ever I went. Also, the touch screen probably drains the battery at a faster pace. Even if the thickness is to hold more battery power to compete with other readers, it's still not something I find appealing. I agree with everyone concerned about getting the screen dirty. I think that's one of the big downfalls of the iPhone, as well. I hate smudged up screens. Also, if there's any kind of search function, I prefer a tactile qwerty over pushing "buttons" on a screen. I do see one advantage: if the reader has a dictionary, you can go straight to the word you want to look up and just touch it. That would be nice (if it's a feature that's implemented). The Livre looks like a neat reader, but I don't think it's my cup of tea.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote