View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #53
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Thank you for your notes.

Correct, the tent is something new which was added to diffuse incoming light better from the original model.

As with anything, quality could always be better and sharper. But, I believe this quality will be sufficient to enable my goal of OCR'ing this content for kindle MOBI generation so I can have a few of my books read to me while I complete other tasks around the house. These are some books which I would not care to spend hours reading, yet I like the content enough to listen to.

For the 200 bucks I paid, this is probably worth the money considering what other book scanners cost; Or comparatively, the effort needed to build one which works 'reliably'.

BTW: I noticed the scans I posted showed the rear ink of the page; this is only with this book and not a light source intensity issue. I tried other books where the paper is thicker and those scans are clean without ink bleed from the backside.

This product is worth it now that I was able to complete the lens adjustments. Note: If you are buying this to scan hundreds of books, I don't think the unit will last that stretch. Something will eventually fail given the ample use of plastic and other cheap materials.

Lastly, I am saddened that Amazon makes us play these book-scanner games since they will not cheaply-sell or give me access to a digital versions of the books which bought at full-price from their store legally. The movie industry is doing this with ultraviolet so why can't Amazon?
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote