View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #49
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
I wanted to post a quick update and let everyone know that after careful testing and refocusing of the 2 lenses on my booksaver, I was able to make significant improvements in the quality of the scans of both book page sides.

I believe what occurred is that the equipment was jarred slightly during the shipping process and this caused the lenses to be misaligned by a small amount. The focus knobs are fairly easy to turn so I can see how this might have happened with a bump or two.

I was able to put the lens covers back on and confirm that the quality of the images is significantly better than original focal quality received out of the box.

I will start scanning my books in the coming weeks. I was concerned about quality at first, but am now feeling pretty good about this.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote