View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #14690
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
[...]I think I want to read The Hobbit anytime soon after my Alex Cross series, but it is so different and actually not my kind of book. The fact that it is a classic and many people LOVE it, I might want to try.
I am very attracted to the book, the new movie that is coming out. What do you think?
You may need to push yourself through the first few chapters, they always strike as a story being told to someone very young. But it does improve, and I think it's quite a good book. Nothing like the stature of Lord of the Rings, of course, but still an enjoyable tale.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote