Thread: kindle app
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I think it might be possible to install 2 different versions, but whether you'd be able to sign into 2 Kindle accounts on one device may be another matter. Your best bet is to go to the XDA forums and ask over there. They can do just about anything in Android.

However, you might want to try this: Download ZipSigner from the Play store. Then use it to navigate to a copy of the Kindle apk (make sure it's a copy; not your installed one) in external storage or in a user file in internal storage. Open up ZipSigner, navigate to the file, then select it. Choose "auto-testkey" for the Key Mode, then tap "Sign The File." Now see if you can sideload it to your device without it replacing your other Kindle app. I used ZipSigner on an older version of Google Maps so it would not be automatically updated by the Play Store. I was still able to sign into my Google account from the Maps app after I did that.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote