View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #85
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Says who? I may lend a paper book to hundreds of friends. That same book might otherwise languish unread on a library shelf.
True, but you don't run a public library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll
I do not accept the "eBooks are forever!" explanation. I have books that are several decades old and still in mint condition despite being moved dozens of times and read more times than I can count.
True, but again, you don't run a public library.

Library books are frequently lost, stolen, spilled upon, torn up, written in and the like. Children's books take a lot of wear and tear, so libraries often purchase a more rugged binding for them.

There is little basis for comparing the lifespan of a book in your private collection, and one in a public library.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote