View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #66
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Yes, clearly an unhacked Kindle keeps the screensaver images in another folder. Your question is simply, does the existence of the linkss folder after your uninstall indicate that the uninstall failed, or is it simply a leftover folder that the uninstall failed to delete. I suspect the latter.
I did a quick comparison of the other Kindles, we have a wifi and another 3G Kindle in the house, and after uninstalling the 3.1 update the only anomaly was the existance of the linkss folder on my 3G.

I gambled and deleted it (I did take a copy first)

and ''touch wood'' it all seems okay, my folders now look identical to the other kindles, I even showed hidden files so I could do a proper check, and it all seems okay. I am charging it now, sooooooooooo with a bit of luck I now have a vanilla Kindle again

Thanks for all your help Hollow Man and for yifanlu for his awesome 3.1 jailbreak

I am not doing this again!
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote