View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebattle View Post
Hi all

I'm slavishly following the Sony supplied directions for converting DOC format to PDF. I'm using Gutenberg text files as source, pulling them into Word, printing to a PDF using PDFCreator.

It all seems to work fine, but the subsequent book on the Reader (PRS-500) is tiny, and I have to resize each page in turn.

Why doesn't the reader stick with the current size when turning the page? Or could it be something odd about the way I create PDFs?
Well I'm not answering your question directly, but if your using word to format text from PG, you might want to look at installing BookCreator and Calibre. BookCreator runs withing Word so once you edit/configure your text you can build an LRF with BookCreator. LRF is the native file to the SONY Readers so you'll end up with a better looking file and a faster performing file on the SONY Reader.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote