View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
edarksword
edarksword began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks for the responses!

Paola: Do you mean strange characters in the File Name, Epub meta data, or the content (xml, html, xhtm) of an Epub?

davidfor: I'm not so so interested it fixing the Epub, as detecting it before I attempt to sideload it to Kobo. I have lots of data from EpubCheck, Sigil (FlightCrew), and a utility I wrote based on the Open Container Format (OCF) 2.0.1 document. I also use the W3C CSS validator. I have a lot of positives (successfully uploaded to KOBO) and a handfull of negatives (froze Kobo while uploading). Both positives and negatives have issues - but so far no pattern that I can build a utility around.

DNSB: I have used both FlightCrew & EpubCheck - no pattern as to type of error that prevents KOBO loading. Epubs that do load have tons of errors too.

I would need more failed Epubs to form a pattern. I built a Windows GUI front end to EpubCheck with an error output to XML. Anyone willing to run it on Epubs they have that failed to load to KOBO? It requires EpubCheck 3.0 to be installed already and .net Framework 3.5 to be installed as well.
edarksword is offline   Reply With Quote