View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #166
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Firmware version number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Okay so much for spending a few hours reading on my PW. I cannot. I'm already getting a headache most likely from all the eyestrain. I have tried every combination of room lighting and PW lighting, but it just sucks. My screen is just too splotchy and only part of that is due to the LED lighting. I've got really bad font rendering on my screen. Some words have a few letters that are nearly washed out. Other words have a few letters that almost look bold. This totally screwed up font rendering is popping up on every page and in random locations. It occurs with all the fonts and is worse with some. Combined with the splotches from the LED lighting, I simply cannot read on the damn thing.

I picked up my Touch after struggling with the PW and it was way better to read on. PW is going back. No replacement as too many others here have already pointed out similar faults in theirs. I'll wait for Gen 2 or 3.
What is your firmware version number? I want to see if mine due on Oct 11 has the same version or was upgraded.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote