View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #15
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
No, dodgy cables, inadequate poer per hub port or similar much more likely. Example: 6 port hub and 2A PSU... no problem with a couple of hub powered devices and others self-powered USB but say you connect 6 devices needing standard 500mA then total needed is 3A so some of the ports self-protect and shutdown... don't come back without full disconnect and reboot... there are other physical reasons as well but no infection involved just physics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Don't know if this is relevent, but I have had the same type of problem with my mp3 - a Sansa. My PC tells me no device recognised.
I had it running from a powered hub. As soon as I plugged it into a usb on the PC stack, it was fine.
Similar has happened with a camera - I switched plugs this time, and it worked.
Wierd - some strange infection ?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote