Old 07-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #11
rscudder
gadget freak
rscudder began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre touch, Augen 'The Book'
night reading / pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastblade View Post
How well does it handle PDFs? I saw it at Kmart today and just couldn't bring myself to buy it just for night reading (I just got a Nook late last month). I do have a lot of PDF books/mags that just don't play well with the Nook.
Hi,
Marcy had a frustrating experience with it as far as night reading, but I have used it at night 3 nights running, and I am getting the hang of the essential keys pretty well down. If you do get your hands on one to try, would you post how it handles night reading as opposed to your iPad, which I noticed you had listed under your devices?

TB doesn't have the traditional Apple glassy screen and I have been successful reading outside on it, although I do turn up the brightness for that. I have not, however, read for long outside- just 15 minutes at once, I think, so I do not know if outside reading will induce eyestrain.

I think, although I don't suggest Kurt use PDF format on his TB because of the zoom issue, that I am in Marcy's camp in general on PDF clarity and images. I'd actually be interested in seeing an art book on TB, to see how well it works, since it does have the color and the PDF mode. I have a copy of the 40" x 40" CIA factbook map of the world PDF- I think I am going to pull that over and see how it looks
rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote