View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Well so far so good. I haven't done a timed measurement but battery life seems decent. The wifi connected to my router with no problem. It even remembers the password the next time you connect. It also connected to a friends router that was on the the other end of his house. The text to voice works well if a little monotone. I only tested the video capability with a couple minutes of a cartoon avi file. Looked nice for its size. Have tested PDF, txt and html ebook formats. All seem to work well. Tested audio on 2 or 3 mp3's it worked with built in speaker but not that well. Probably work a lot better with headphones. The font selection and font sizes seem quite nice. I can read ebooks easily with brightness turned way down. This device also does something I haven't seen elsewhere, it splits words on the fly at the end of lines with a - and if you change to landscape it puts the word back together and splits the new word at end of the line. This means if makes better use of the space on the screen. ie displays more text.

Now a few suggestions for improvements.

1. Need a way to lock down the orientation. The auto adjust is wayyy too sensitive.

2. Need to be able to set the style ie margins, line spacing and justification globally instead of on each book.

3. Need for it to recognize cbr or cbz files so people can use it to read comics.

4. Need to be able to rotate the browser orientation so you can see the whole width of webpages.

5. Definately need an auto-shutoff timer. So you wont wake up to a reader with a dead battery.

6. This is more of a wish than a need but I would love the ability to use that keyboard to fix ocr errors on ebooks as I read.

Will post more as I remember more items.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote