View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:48 PM   #67
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
My NAS (and most of those I know off) are Linux based. However it is a cut-down variant of Linux with no support for GUI's etc which means things like Qt cannot be ported with any real chance of success.

The NAS have comes with Apache installed which is used to support the Web admin interface. I use modifed firmware to get in at the Linux command line level and that makes it easy to configure in a new web site to run under the Apache server. Quite a few NAS systems give user level access to the Web server without any need to hack the system.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote