View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #42
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Part of "Hand crafting" is going in and cleaning up the mess that comes from automatic conversions.
Quote:
Sigil is software that makes it easier to hand-craft/clean/edit your html documents. It doesn't do any "conversions" from one format to another.
I'm aware of what Sigil is. I wouldn't call cleaning up a converted ePub, or creating an ePub in Sigil, "hand crafting" an ePub. To me, the term "hand crafting" implies writing the raw code in a text editor. In the same way, if I created a web page in a WYSIWYG HTML editor, I wouldn't say I'd hand crafted it.

Quote:
I was simply clarifying what Jon meant when he recommended using a "hand crafted" book.
I get the impression that Jon would consider editing in Sigil "hand crafting" an ePub. Ultimately, though, only he can really say what he means, which is why I asked
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote