View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Everyone I know seems to just assume that e-book ads will automatically take the appearance of animated, screaming figures in neon colors jumping up and down for your attention... like what you see in the worst web page ads. But the evidence of plenty of static, basic ads on the web should be enough proof that it doesn't have to be so.
I'm sure it won't start out with annoying "in your face ads", but then, the web didn't start out with those either. Once you have advertisers paying for space though, they're going to get more and more insistent that they are getting what they perceive to be value for their money. Advertisers want the ads to be noticed, consumers want them to be unnoticeable. No system is going to satisfy both sides, and each is going to keep trying to shift it in their direction.

I do believe that if this goes forward, initial versions will be very understated and not a nuisance, in order to get consumers used to the idea. I seriously doubt it will stay that way though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote