View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #39
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Actually the dictionary is great! If you click on it twice it opens in big print. My older Kindles kept it in small print and you had to find the keyboard to use it. So I never used it. But I do like the dictionary and actually use it.
It's certainly possible it wasn't a good Paperwhite on display at the Best Buy. Still, it appeared to be working. The dictionary speed was really slow, even on my older Sony 350, my dictionary pops up almost instantly, the wait on the Kindle was excruciating in comparison. It could also simply be user error, I am not used to the Kindle interface. I think I was using a long press like I do on my T-1, rather than a double tap like the 350 uses.

At any rate, the uneven lighting makes it a bust for me, it really was pretty awful looking. And as my Best Buy has only recently gotten these in, I'd have to say that quality on the lighting front is still quite iffy. Hopefully, the complaints Amazon has been getting will move them to get this fixed. But I know I wouldn't buy one right now.

Wish I could see a Kobo in person!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote