View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderela View Post
Even with the EBOK output, some files still went to DOCS - can I just dump the all into books? Some are items in series, so I want them to be in order - the others I don't care if they are in books or docs.
It does not matter which folder the ebook is in. What matters is the internal metadata tag. The advise to use [EBOK] as the Personal Doc Tag is wrong, in the sense that whatever that tag is set to the output is PDOC if that tag is present in the ebook entry. So [EBOK] only works because you don't have [EBOK] as a tag. The best way to get an ebook into the Books app is to set Preferences => Conversion => Output Options => Mobi Output => Personal Doc Tag to blank (empty) and do a MOBI to MOBI conversion.

An alternative strategy is to force them into the Docs app. Do this by setting Preferences => Conversion => Output Options => Mobi Output => Personal Doc Tag to whatever you want ([PDOC] is the default, but I have used z because it is short and at the end of the alphabet) and then use Edit Metadata -> Edit metadata in Bulk to add this tag to all the ebooks you want in Docs. Finally do a MOBI to MOBI conversion on all these ebooks. When they are copied to your Fire they will be in Docs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote