Thread: PRS-T1 PRS-T1 and book covers
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Refresh separate covers when doing automatic management is for the book cover thumbnail images that you see for example when you are look at a list of books on your T1.

I did a testcase today. The Sony standby feature is indeed generated from the first page of the book regardless of whether it is DRM'ed or non-DRM'ed.

Note: if you sideload through calibre, the first page of your book may have a different image than the pretty cover you've chosen in edit metadata. Therefore what you see as the standby screen cover image and what you see as the thumbnails in book/collections lists will be different. You will need to take some additional steps like an EPUB to EPUB conversion or modify the EPUB file if you want a nicer first page image in your book.
Please don't suggest ePub > ePub. That can make a real mess of the ePub. The way I do it is get the best quality cover image I can find and use that. I replace the generic image and then go into the cover XML and edit that as needed and then I have a proper cover without risking messing up the ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote