View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Don't have any great book suggestions myself - but at the moment, I'm myself trying to read a bit of German to improve my vocabulary, and I've found the dictionary in my Kindle a great help. So much easier to use than a paper dictionary. So if you at some point are looking for a device, it might be worth it to consider one with a translation dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
What a great question. I also speak Japanese and German, though poorly. What is your native language? If it's one of those two, I'd love similar recommendations.
I've just started with this one:
Der Dunkle Speigel by Andrea Schacht. It's a historical mystery, taking place in 14th century Cologne (Köln). It's written in the light, humourous style of the Roman Marcus Didius Falco mysteries by Lindsey Davies. I haven't gotten that far yet, but it doesn't come across as too difficult. I'm only just into ch. 3, but I'm already finding myelf more comfortable with reading German than when I started. I chose it because beside having decent reviews at amazon.de, it appeared short and light - something I wouldn't get stuck in.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote