View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
"House of Leaves" was amazing... I have his next book, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

JS - The whole point here, for me, is escapism. I'm positively drowning in that sort of thing - I need a break! I want to be nicely disengaged for a bit before diving back into the good fight.
I know.. But it is quite interesting and very scary at the same time. Part of the problem is that Dick Chaney is a paranoid schizophrenic megalomaniac and he took control behind the scenes and the public had no idea how much he controlled the President. It is more scary then any fiction I've ever read or heard of.

But as for fiction, Prom Nights from Hell is supposed to be good.

Quote:
In this exciting collection, bestselling authors Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer, and Lauren Myracle take bad prom nights to a whole new level—a paranormally bad level. Wardrobe malfunctions and two left feet don't hold a candle to discovering your date is the Grim Reaper—and he isn't here to tell you how hot you look.

From angels fighting demons to a creepy take on getting what you wish for, these five stories will entertain better than any DJ in a bad tux. No corsage or limo rental necessary. Just good, scary fun.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote