View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
I just went and read the specs on the DX and some of the info is very misleading, if not outright wrong.

It says that the display is two and half times the size of the regular Kindle. Last time I checked, the Kindle had the 6" diagonal screen, just like the 505. Maybe my math skills are poor but I think if you multiply 6 by 2.5, you will get 15 not 9.7.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Convert the screen size to an area and then compare. The dimensions of the 6-inch diagonal screen are 4.8 by 3.6 inches (17.28 sq in). Assuming the same aspect ratio, the 9.7-inch should have dimensions of 7.76 by 5.82 inches (45.16 sq in). Thus, the 9.7-inch screen has an area that is 2.6 times larger than the 6-inch screen.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote