View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #276
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I bought a used kindle, so I do not have a warranty, but I did register it because it wouldn't let me make collections otherwise (this was before Librerator). These are the passages from Kindle DX user's guide (https://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kind...on_English.pdf pp.175-176) that scared me:

"You may not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorize any other person to, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Device or the Software, whether in whole or in part, create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Device or Software... The Device Software will provide Amazon with data about your Device and its interaction with the Service (such as available memory, up-time, log files and signal strength) and information related to the content on your Device and your use of it..."
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote