View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I see it as set the scene, put my characters in it and star "see" or "working out" what they would do. The characters have to live and breath or the story will be flat. They have to react as if they were alive... so I imagine them alive and watch what happens.
Yeah, I do something similar to this as well. Sometimes I even become the character and act out what they're saying or doing (the latter is done very minimally as opposed to the fore, which is done generously), and literally living out the scene as them. It's putting images to words in my mind, and it does a lot to help me sort out the scene and where it should go.

One way to imagine how that would work is to picture how Tony Stark interfaces with all of his holographic screens, pulling stuff together, swapping stuff out, and beta testing his ideas in a virtual environment before putting them into physical form. It's sort of how I assemble my stories, and more often my individual scenes. I take the rough plot idea I have in my head and start building it through experimental writing until I have the intended final design. Of course, as the story settles down through numerous edits, entire sections can change (ref, burn down) to better fit my vision of the character and make a more believable and enjoyable story.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote