View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Well how I do it is...

"Billy Bob is very reactive, so if I put Billy Bob in this situation he would grab a bat and..."

So not sure how you would label that, but I see it as character driving the story.
I wouldn't say that: You made Billy Bob a reactive character, and therefore you drive his reaction when put into that situation.

Often, when I write a character, I might consciously base them on a particular TV or movie character... say, Sam Spade. That often makes it easy to say to yourself, "What would Sam Spade do in this situation?" But the decision to base the character on Spade was still mine; and I can manipulate the goings-on around him until I can get him to do whatever I want, and still remain in character. I remain in control.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote