View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
mabo5184
mabo5184 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Error: Reading ePub(DRM) on Sony PRS-T1

Hi,

I am having problems reading an ePub with DRM protection on my new Sony PRS-T1. I hope someone can help?

The error reads "Error: Protected by Digital Rights Management" when I try to open the ePub book in question. The ebook was retrieved from my local library (Overdrive service).

My setup is Ubuntu 11.10, Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), Calibre 0.8.35, Sony PRS-T1.

The steps I have taken so far are;

1. Installed ADE and Sony software on a windows PC and authorized both the windows PC and the Sony PRS-T1 (device).

The device information under settings/about now states "This device is authorized for reading and purchasing Adobe DRM content."

2. Installed Wine and ADE on my Dell laptop running Ubuntu 11.10, and authorized the Dell laptop. So now I have 2 computers and one device authorized with ADE.

3. Installed Calibre 0.8.35 on my Dell running Ubuntu 11.10/Gnome Shell 3.2. Then I added the ePub in question and transferred to my device. No visible errors during during this step.

I have no problem reading non-ePub ebooks on my device. The problem is just with the the ePub with DRM.

The Calibre FAQ suggests DRM ebooks can be transferred but not viewed so I think it may be a bug/support issue with this new Sony PRS-T1 device. I see in the forums this new Sony device has a very different software (Android) compared to the older Sony devices which may be the source of the problem?

Does anyone have suggestions?
mabo5184 is offline   Reply With Quote