View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #38
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Some of my really old Dead Tree ™ books had SAN or ISBN's without the check digit (9 chars long) ( I think there may have been confusion at the time, that the check digit was not part of the ISBN to be printed)
That's a nasty one. If this is the case for e lot of books of this period, it would be a drawback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I backed in the check digit by trying [0-9X] until Calibre gave me a Green ISBN-10 confirmation.
Note: (USA publishers) space or dash were the only separators I saw. never mixed. never interrupted with other characters.
I can confirm I also have never seen it mixed. You have not seen dots between them?
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote