View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I have successfully used the MobileRead Kindle Download Guide. Download that and put the book into your Calibre library. Now open the book in the book viewer. You can use the links in the book to download any mobi-format book from the MobileRead library and then import it into Calibre. It's not a "one button" solution, and it totally ignores the portion of the MR library which isn't mobi-format, but it is a reasonable approach while we wait for the "TODO" item to bubble to the top.

I've asked about getting an equivalent ePub Download Guide for use not only within Calibre, but from inside iBooks on my iPad. But so far, I haven't seen any positive reply to my request.

Now -- a Calibre request I'd love is a modification of the Calibre catalog whereby the catalog contains links to the Calibre content server, obtaining the IP address and port from the system. 'Twould make it oh so nice for transferring books to iPad and other iOS devices.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote