View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is one of my favourite books. I didn't re-read it for this challenge so I'm unlikely to provide great detail.

I never had an issue with the future Oxford, but it was never the focus for me. The plague was my focus and I ate that up. Loved every word of it.

This is veering off course a little but I recently read Passage by Connie Willis. Some of the writing for this novel was quite frustrating until I realised that it was deliberately frustrating and ended up making the book stronger.

I wonder if the "2D" aspect of future Oxford that people are discussing was a deliberate way of making the 14th century sections more alive. For some reason any memories I have of future Oxford seem to be de-saturated, but the 14th century is still vivid and colourful to me.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote