View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #100
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
@heriberaht

I tested the file you attached on Librerator R2 on my K3, and it worked perfectly fine. It also showed Chinese notes, although in grey and not in red, obviously . Why it froze your KDX - I don't know. Not the slightest idea.

If I'd have to guess, I'd say your KDX froze or malfunctioned for some reason unrelated to Librerator, and that Librerator running with that file was just a coincidence. (Can't say for sure because I don't have KDX to test it on.) Of course, this is just a noob's opinion.

If it's not too much trouble, please let me know if you were able to fix your KDX.

Regards,
Kai771
Okay. I can confirm on a DX in two column mode (as specified) the first instance of the chinese note hangs the device. no.. it's not that. you can browse to it backwards. it's actually the pre-render of the second page that fails for some reason from the Forwards direction?

Put simply going from that page to the next one in a PAGE NEXT direction kills it.

not other pages nor directions, nor special markup characters, do this.

Just that one thing.

a killall -9 reader.lua is required to restore life.

I get the sense that this is such a corner case it may well be in the pre-fork code too. definitely gremlins. but done know what they are now???

Quote:
IIRC there are two such notes in the doc. will try to "jump" to the second and see if that kills it. If so I think we can call that "conclusive" that the fault lies somewhere there.
<-- I did this. nothing to do with the characters far as I can see.

So far it could also be pre-rendering the next page (in my mind) that kills it. will test. <-- this I think now for sure. but why ? I don't know.

EDIT: Pdf-reflow works fine... oddness

Last edited by twobob; 02-04-2013 at 02:35 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote