View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'd prefer that we start on the next discussions ASAP instead of waiting for "closer to that month." And preferably, that we discuss several months at once, instead of "what are we gonna nominate NEXT month," with no context of previous or potential future months to discuss.

I liked the genres being roughly attached to the months--February for romance, April for humor, October for horror. Doing a month-at-a-time selection has a chance of losing that, especially as people nominate their choice of genre every month that might not otherwise be selected.

I can see reasons to getting January's topic established quickly; I really hope we won't use this method exactly for each month. I'd also like to see a thread or multiple threads about defining the genres/categories.
Fear not; the plan is to run the nominations and votes back to back. As soon as January is decided, we'll start February, then March, etc.

We may have some fine tuning to do on certain categories (such as if "Award Winners" wins one month), but we can do that while we do the other.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote